Gigi’s Yummy Veggie Burger Recipe
Looking for a healthy veggie burger? Chef Gigi from the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat has the perfect recipe. Not only will you get an ideal portion of grains, like rice and quinoa, but you’ll also get a healthy dose of nutrient-packed seeds, like sunflower and flax seeds. Toss some more raw foods on top of your burger, like baby spinach, sprouts, avocado, and tomato ... and you have a complete meal!
Veggie Burger Recipe:
1. In large mixing bowl combine:
- 1 c cooked rice
- 1 c cooked quinoa (can use 2 c of rice or quinoa yet the mix of the two is very tasty)
- 1 c cooked chickpeas
- 1 c raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1 c chia or ground flax seed
- 1 c chickpea flour
- 1 T salt
- ½ olive oil
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1 c shredded carrot
- 1 c shredded zucchini
3. Mix well!
4. Let sit for 1 hour in fridge
5. Use ice cream scoop to create uniform patty sizes
6. Oil baking sheet and place patties on sheet
7. Bake 450 F until golden
Option: Veggies, beans, or grains can be used to substitute any of the ingredients … tailor it to your tastebuds!
Note: Recipe works best when ingredients are freshly made and warm.
Still Hungry? Find more recipes here.
One thought on “Gigi’s Yummy Veggie Burger Recipe”
How many patties does this yeild? How long can extras stay in refrigerator? It’s just two of us.
But Gigi – it’s the hot sauce that sends these burgers over the moon. Recipe???
Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!