Mission & Vision
Our mission is to spread peace, health, and joy through the practice and philosophy of yoga and Vedanta.
We are a traditional yoga ashram with a mission to teach classical yoga. All are welcome to come to our ashram, we learn from all traditions, and actively promote Unity in Diversity through interfaith and interspiritual dialog, including perspectives from science and the arts. We seek to promote outer peace in the world through inner peace, by sharing the wisdom and practices of yoga and contributing to a positive shift in consciousness on the planet. The ashram was founded by Swami Vishnudevananda, named in honor of his teacher, Swami Sivananda, and continues to teach in the lineage of the two great yoga masters.
Our vision is to serve as a beacon of light in the world as a gathering place for learning and the exchange of ideas and experiences that impact individuals and the world in important ways.
- unity in diversity, we promote conversation and exchange through interfaith symposia and events
- self-transformation through yoga, we teach a yogic lifestyle for the attainment of joy, health, and longevity
- the yoga of service, the ashram runs completely on the devoted service of every person here
- spiritual community, daily gatherings for satsang bring us all together for meditation, chanting, and teachings
- devotion, daily practices that express love for the Divine, in all its forms
We are a center for spiritual growth and learning,
- helping individuals to heal on all levels — physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually — through the teachings of yoga, as well as by introducing healing methods and approaches from a variety of religious and spiritual traditions.
- helping individuals to progress on the spiritual path and attain Self-realization through the classical teachings of yoga (Karma, Bhakti, Raja, and Jnana Yogas), primarily as taught by our own lineage as well as by introducing other spiritual paths and lineages to promote openness, unity, and expansion of horizons.
- helping humanity to unite by bringing together people from all walks of life and a variety of spiritual paths, healing methods, religions, and sciences. Promoting the message of unity in diversity and outer peace through inner peace.