Yogic Recipes for Busy Lives: Creamy Avocado Zucchini Noodles
The perfect side dish or light meal!
From Katie Papo (Ambika), presenter of food and wellness programs in the ashram.
If you’re looking to make digestion easier and simpler for your system, zucchini noodles are the perfect pasta substitution. You can use a handheld spiralizer to curl your zucchini into noodles. Beets and carrots are also great vegetables to spiralize!
YOGIC HEALTH HIGHLIGHT Whole and natural foods are the friendliest for digestion and well-being. When you can make your own fresh and simple sauces for your meals, you avoid the preservatives and additives that often accompany processed foods.
SUPERFOOD FAVORITE Avocados are an ideal ingredient for the creamy food lover, because they give the proper texture while still providing nutritional benefits, including fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants — and they have more potassium than bananas!
INGREDIENTS (serves 1–2)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small avocado
- 1-2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Lime juice to taste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of Spanish paprika on top (optional)
- 1 ⁄2 tablespoon Herbes de Provence or Italian blend seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Spiralize zucchini into noodles and put aside in bowl
- Scoop out avocado into blender or food processor
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Add small amounts of water if needed, as you go.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Pour creamy avocado sauce over your zucchini noodles and mix well.
- You can add in any raw vegetables you’d like, such as sliced bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, spinach leaves, or even fresh basil. You can also add nuts or seeds into your pasta at the end. We recommend hemp, pumpkin, or sunflower seeds.