Raw Vegan Ice Cream Cake
This recipe first came to us from one of our Yoga Teacher Training graduates and Karma Yogis, Hanuman. He created his first raw vegan ice cream cake in our boutique’s health hut in 2012, and he continues to make them for his loved ones at home.
This is a rich, delicious cake that will leave you smiling, totally full, and guilt-free. There are no added sugars, no baking required, and all natural ingredients.
Start with the crust:
2 cup of soaked dates (drain water first)
1 1/2 cups of mixed seeds (Hanuman uses hemp, chia and flax)
5 Tbsp cacao powder
- Mix ingredients in a food processor until it forms a lumpy, gooey consistency.
- Grease your round cake mold (10 inches works) with coconut oil and press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the mold until evenly distributed.
- Set in the freezer and begin working on the filling!
2 cups cashews (soaked for a few hours)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 1/4 cup nut milk (Hanuman uses rice milk, but almond or soy will work)
1/4 cup cacao powder
3 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- Place all ingredients in your VitaMix or high speed blender.
- Blend until a thick, but even consistency.
- Pour on top of partially frozen cake crust and place in freezer again
Toppings and decoration:
Here you can let your own creativity shine! But we’ll give you an example for inspiration.
Hanuman’s favorite cake decorations:
- Arrange fresh berries (blueberries and strawberries) in a pattern on top of cake when it has partially frozen. It must set for a little bit in the freezer first.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on top. Hanuman uses melted vegan chocolate chips, or cacao powder mixed with agave and coconut oil to make the chocolate drizzle.
- Heat up more peanut butter with a little bit of coconut oil and agave to make a peanut sauce and drizzle that on top as well.
[mylink id="42599"]Discover more recipes from the Sivananda Bahamas Ashram.[/mylink]