From the Sivananda Yoga Cookbook
These chocolate truffles, created by Prema, one of our affiliated teachers in London, are irresistible. They are outrageously sweet — the perfect prasad.
2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons soy milk
Hot chocolate mix for coating
1. Combine the confectioners sugar, chopped nuts, cocoa powder, margarine, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Slowly add the soy milk; the mixture should be sticky, but not runny.
2. Chill until firm, then form the mixture into small balls. Coat with the hot chocolate mix and keep in the refrigerator or a cool place until ready to serve.
- Ground almonds and almond extract may be substituted for the chopped nuts and vanilla extract.
- Substitute 1/2 cup unpacked, unsweetened dried coconut for the chopped nuts.
- Replace the vanilla extract with 1 teaspoon orange juice and 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest.