Imagine a healthy combination of everyone’s two favorite dips — guacamole and spinach-artichoke! Between graduation parties, barbecues, start-of-summer celebrations, and wedding showers, you'll want to have this delicious recipe on hand — be prepared to share when people ask for the secret!
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup well-drained marinated artichokes (from 5-ounce jar)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: a pinch of red pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Using a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh into a food processor. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- Blend until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add pepper flakes, and several twists of black pepper to taste.
- Add the spinach and artichokes and pulse until they are roughly chopped, 15 to 20 times. Pause to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Season to taste with additional salt or lemon juice if needed.
Extra “Dip Tips”
- It’s best served slightly chilled.
- Serve with pita chips and raw vegetables
- Make it as close to the event as possible so you can serve while it’s at its freshest.
- To store the dip, use a tupperware or press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the dip to prevent it from browning. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Homemade pita chips will take the dip experience to the next level! Buy (or make) pita bread, brush lightly with olive oil, and season with paprika. Cut into triangles and bake 5-10 minutes in the oven on low to medium heat.
- Flip and repeat.