Flexible Cancellation Policy – As of January 2021
(Last updated March 30th, 2023)
Due to the rapidly evolving global developments in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19), we have adapted our cancellation + payment policy to accommodate those who are unable to join us for matters beyond their or our control.
If you would like to discuss rescheduling cancelling an existing reservation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no change fees to reschedule a booking. Guests are responsible for any accommodation price differences between the original booking and the new booking.
To guarantee your reservation, a $300 (USD) deposit is required per reservation. The remaining balance is due at least 14 days before your arrival. If the booking is made within 14 days of arrival, the full balance is due at the time of booking.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. We do not accept personal checks, travelers checks, or American Express. All deposits and payments are in US dollars only.
Splitting Payments / Using a Different Credit Card for the Balance
The balance payment will automatically be charged to the credit card on file 14 days prior to arrival. Guests who wish to split the payment or pay with a different card must complete the payment prior to the 14-day deadline; otherwise, the card on file will be charged. Paying with a different card (including splitting a payment) can be done using the Guest Statement link provided in the confirmation email.
Paying with Credit on File
Booking more than 14 days in advance: If your stay’s total will be greater than [your credit note + $300], go ahead and book online with a deposit. The credit note on file will be applied toward the remaining balance.
Booking 14 days or less in advance OR your stay’s total is less than [your credit note + $300]: Email Reservations (email@example.com) with your name, desired stay dates and accommodation type, and the names of any guests in your party (plus ages if the guests are children under 12).
Guests who wish to pay with credit on file must contact Reservations to apply the credit. Unfortunately, we cannot refund a payment to apply a credit note retroactively.
A reminder: Voucher Credits are valid until December 14th, 2024 – three years from the Ashram’s post-pandemic reopening date of December 14th, 2021. Thank you for your continued support!
Flexible Cancellation Policy
Refunds are available under the following terms and conditions:
- Cancellation 31 or more days prior to the scheduled arrival date—guests can opt for a full refund less a $55 processing fee OR for a full credit note.
- Cancellation between 48 hours and 30 days prior to the scheduled arrival date—We will refund any payment made towards the reservation less the $300 deposit (which becomes a credit note). However, you’re welcome and encouraged to forgo the refund for a full credit note.
Refunds are not available under the following conditions:
- Cancellation within 48 hours of arrival—full credit note; no refunds are available.
- Any changes after check-in strictly result in a credit note—no refunds are available.
- No show* (did not cancel or cancelled after scheduled arrival date)—no refund, no credit note.
Refunds will be given solely by way of crediting the credit card used for the applicable payment. A processing fee in the amount of USD $55 per reservation will be due in conjunction with any cancellation, in addition to any amount due.
* We understand that flight delays and circumstances beyond anyone’s control can impact travel (ex. snow storm, pandemic outbreak). If this happens, please keep us proactively informed so we can work with you regarding your payment and booking.
No show means that no notice was received by the Reservations team about the need to cancel or reschedule, or it was only received after the scheduled arrival date. No notice + no show = no refund + no credit note.
Credit Notes are credited as follows:
- Yoga Vacation Reservation: A credit note will be issued in an amount equal to the amount paid for the cancelled accommodations portion of your original reservation.
- Teacher Training Course/Advanced Teacher Training Course: A credit note will be issued in an amount equal to the amount paid for the cancelled portion of the course.
- Other Courses: A credit note will be issued in an amount equal to the unused accommodation fees only. No credit note or refunds will be given for the tuition amount.
Credit Note Terms and Conditions:
- Credit notes are valid for two years from the date of issue.
- Credit notes are non-refundable but are transferable as of January 2021. If you know someone who would benefit from our online programs or a future trip, we are happy to transfer your existing credit into their name.
- Credit notes can be applied only at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Credit notes can be used for accommodations, onsite course tuition, or applied to any of our online offerings (other than online certified training programs).
- Please note that the credit note cannot be used for treatments at our Well Being Center or at the Boutique.
- When making your new booking you will need to pay a new deposit but the credit can be applied to the final balance.
Please contact us if you’d like to transfer your credit into another person’s name or if you’ve been unable to use your credit note in the allotted time due to travel restrictions. In some cases, we will be happy to extend the credit note by an additional 12+ months.
Please note: No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content, or due to dissatisfaction with the Yoga Retreat’s schedule or accommodations.