Are you ready to take your yoga practice a step deeper? This course is perfect for those who have taken Essentials of Yoga I or have been introduced to Sivananda Yoga practices through classes or courses at the Yoga Retreat or in another Sivananda location.
In this course, you will deepen your experience with the 12 basic postures of Sivananda Yoga. Each day focuses on a new theme while practicing asana: concentrating on the energy channels, learning to meditate, experiencing relaxation, and working with visualization. You will also be exposed to a practical and theoretical introduction to meditation, positive thinking, Ayurveda, the yogic diet, and stress-relieving techniques, expanding your base of knowledge and experience.
Essentials of Yoga II offers the opportunity to:
- Establish or refine a home yoga practice, including asana and pranayama
- Integrate your personal yoga experience with new knowledge
- Gain exposure to meditation theory and practice
- Discover how an integrated approach to a yogic lifestyle (postures, breathing, diet, meditation, and positive thinking) contributes to well-being
- Receive personalized attention and answers to your questions.
Under the guidance of experienced instructors, this course further develops the Five Keys to a Yogic Lifestyle taught by Swami Vishnudevananda for health and inner peace and taught at Sivananda ashrams and centers worldwide. This next step in learning and living yoga, invites you to deepen and personalize your practice to further develop the inner peace of a yogic lifestyle at home.
Please note If you currently have a yoga practice but are new to Sivananda Yoga, it is recommended that you gain familiarity with our approach. You can:
- Read: The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Try a Sivananda Yoga class near you (see an international directory of Sivananda locations)
- Come to the ashram and take Essentials of Yoga I
Sivananda Essentials are taught by senior yoga teachers and staff members of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas, all with many years of experience teaching, studying, and practicing yoga.