Potato and Zucchini Casserole
Yogic cooking is meant to be as simple, fresh, and energy-giving as possible. This Potato and Zucchini Casserole with creamy zucchini and a cheesy potato crust is a delicious entree from Yoga Mind and Body, published by the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre.
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp tamari
1 1/2 lb potatoes, peeled and diced
3 large zucchini, scrubbed and sliced
1 can organic lentils
3 Tbsp milk (or soy milk)
1 Tbsp butter (optional)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Cup grated cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese)
1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Toast sunflower seeds for 5 minutes, then toss with tamari.
- Boil potatoes until soft. Drain well and mash with milk, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Lightly steam zucchini. Place in oiled baking dish and top with lentils, sunflower seeds, and basil.
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top of the zucchini.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
[mylink id="42599"]Still Hungry? Find more recipes here.[/mylink] [myspacer h=20]