Start your year off with a juice cleanse to detox your body, mind, and spirit and boost your energy for the year ahead. Join us for a weeklong immersion retreat to cleanse your body and discover how specific foods can increase vitality and energy and prevent and heal disease. Enjoy alkalizing juices, smoothies, and gazpachos prepared in creative, delicious ways and filled with raw, vegan, nutrient-dense foods to ensure that you do not feel deprived.
This cleanse is designed to improve metabolism and digestion, cleanse internal organs, reduce inflammation, increase energy, recalibrate the taste buds, reset the appetite, educate, inspire, and clear the mind. Guided by an experienced health professional within the ashram’s supportive and relaxing environment, you will have the opportunity to focus on healing and learning without distractions. You’ll also take home practical tips, tools and recipes to implement a healthy lifestyle.
Daily Schedule Includes:
- Three detox meals** at 10 am, 1:30 pm, and 6 pm
- One-hour nutrition lecture
- Simple recipe demonstrations and tips
- Special twice-daily detox yoga classes to compliment the cleansing process, taught by Andrea Clark (Amrita)
- Twice-daily satsang for mental detox and inspiration.
**All meals are anti-inflammatory and free of wheat, gluten, sugar, dairy, and soy. A complimentary Gracious Living recipe book is included in the cost of the retreat.
Nutrition Lecture Topics:
- Raw and Vegan Foods 101: how plant-based foods can help heal the body and the planet.
- Keys to Proper Hydration
- Smoothies vs. Juices: includes demonstrations to make smoothies, juices, and dairy-free nut milks.
- Best Equipment to Use
- Kitchen Inventory: must-have items for the kitchen.
- Anti-Inflammatory Recovery Nutrition
- How Eating is a Spiritual Process
Gain a fresh and natural approach to eating and learn how live foods make you feel more alive!
See our Presenter Spotlight Q&A: Creating Health and Healing with Grace Van Berkum.