Yoga offers the very best — and much-needed — support to women during pregnancy and prepares them for childbirth and motherhood. It also nurtures the baby in the womb, providing it with an optimum environment from which to emerge. This course offers tools for working professionally, confidently, and sensitively with pregnant women as a Pregnancy Yoga Teacher.
Topics of the course include:
- Yoga asanas and pranayama practices for pregnancy
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Health considerations
- Stages of labor
- Pregnancy as an opportunity for spiritual growth
- Meditation and chanting
- The yoga class as a place for emotional support and community building
- Guidelines for the post-natal time
- Practice teaching and final practicum
Yoga teachers from all traditions interested in expanding their personal and teaching practice are welcome to join this course. Not a yoga teacher? Visit our TTC page for details about the Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Course; gain a solid foundation in the practice of teaching yoga and join a community of over 31,000 Sivananda Yoga teachers worldwide.