At the core of every spiritual story is a quest. The Story Quest Writing Course is for aspiring writers and veteran writers who want a fresh take on stories -- their heart, their shape, and how they deliver rewarding experiences to us and to our potential audiences. It is for writers who rebel against formulas yet want organic structures to shape their experiences, characters, ideas, and impulses. Drawn from the works of Aristotle, Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell, story design knowledge, and Jeffrey Davis’s twenty-five years as a writer as well as mentor to best-selling authors and story-driven seekers, Story Quest equips writers with skillful means and know-how to shape their stories without losing their artistic integrity.
Writers of fiction, creative nonfiction, trade nonfiction, memoir, and personal essay & journaling will benefit.
In an open-air “classroom” on Paradise Island, the Bahamas, we will meet for two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon to
- learn and test out how yearning, attitudes, and world views provide powerful heart lines for your story’s or book’s structure
- learn and test out how the Tracking Wonder Quest models can be adapted to your story, novel, memoir, or trade nonfiction book
- discover and map out organic shapes that best reflect your story’s or book’s form
- apply 4 key factors of reader empathy and psychology that make you a more dynamic story teller and story designer
- move through mindfulness & mild movement practices that help you center your attention, instill focus, actively daydream via your imagination, and draft new content
- receive encouragement and feedback through facilitated share circles and Story Pods