Yoga offers the very best, and much needed support, to women during pregnancy and prepares them for childbirth and motherhood. It also nurtures the fetus in the womb and gives it the optimum environment from which to emerge. This course offers tools for working professionally, confidently, and sensitively with pregnant women as a Pregnancy Yoga Teacher.
Topics of the course include:
- Yoga asanas and pranayama practices for pregnancy
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Health considerations
- Stages of labor
- Pregnancy as an opportunity for spiritual growth
- Meditation and chanting
- The Yoga class as a place for emotional support and community building
- Guidelines for the post-natal time
- Practice teaching and final practicum
Yoga teachers from all traditions are welcome to join this course. Not yet a Yoga teacher? Already a Yoga teacher but considering expanding your personal and teaching practice? Visit our TTC page for details about the Sivananda Yoga Teachers' Training Course and join a community of over 27,000 Sivananda Yoga teachers worldwide!