This course emphasizes the energetics of each asana and each form of pranayama, so that the pose and the breath can be used to support balancing the physical and subtle energies of the body and mind, to help heal the client. Certified Ayurvedic Yoga Therapists conduct Vata, Pitta and Kapha balancing Yoga classes. They can then work on their own to support the healing process, hold classes in studios or work as a part of an integrative team in a healing center.
Students of this course will study:
- Foundational Ayurvedic Principles
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle
- Ayurvedic Psychology
- Energetics of Asana & Pranayama
- Vata, Pitta and Kapha Yoga Asana Classes
- Yoga Nidra for Health
- Pratyahara as a Healing Tool
- Introduction to Ayurvedic Diet and Nutritional Concepts
Dr. Halpern will be assisted by Sri Devi (Marisa Laursen), CAS, AYT.
The course is open to all. It is ideal for Yoga teachers, Yoga practitioners and people with a background in the healing arts.