With about 28 million deaf and hard-of-hearing people in the U.S. alone, this training course is a valuable resource for any Yoga teacher. Learn a variety of visual techniques to suit a multitude of students, whether hard-of-hearing senior citizens, deaf yogins, or people with autism or apraxia. Explore the deaf and hard-of-hearing cultures, American Sign Language (ASL), natural gesturing and a variety of other subjects related to the visual method of teaching Yoga.
Topics of this course include:
- Hard of hearing and deaf cultures
- Anatomy and physiology of the inner ear and brain
- American sign language (ASL) - basic communication
- Study of natural gesturing & other communication techniques
- Teaching and designing a visually-based Yoga class
- Marketing tips and techniques to offer Visual Yoga classes
This course is open to all Yoga teachers.